- Walking distance: 22 km / 14 miles
- Suggested duration: 5.5 hours incl. a few breaks along the woodland walk
- Terrain: Natural ancient woodland, meadows and lakes. Shared gravel paths through Epping Forest.
- Traffic-free? Yes, you’ll be shielded from traffic except for a few road crossings.
- Suitable for: The full 22 km walk is too long for young kids, but you can easily adapt the route and do a shorter circle. For a collection of shorter walks, check these waymarked walks.
- More about Epping Forest: Epping Forest with children
Check out our other London walking trails for more family-friendly suggestions.