We’ve tried to be as clear as we can be and to avoid unnecessary language while covering all the relevant information – but please use our contact page if anything doesn’t make sense or needs expanding on.
This policy explains the way that we collect, use and protect your data as well as your choices with regard to your data.
It is LondonDuckling’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
We may collect the following information:
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this.
Data you send to us via this website:
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. This website may collect the following information via its contact and enquiry form features (use of these features is at your own discretion):
- Your name
- Your email address
How we use this data:
- To improve our products and services
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To contact you via email to send you newsletters and promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
We will always respect your data:
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
Storing your data:
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In the event of a security breach on this website, I will notify you within 48 hours of becoming aware of the breach. In the event of a security breach on any third party server which I use to store your information. I will notify you as soon as I can reasonably do so and I have been notified by the third party.
Management of comments left by users
LondonDuckling allows comments to be left at the end of all blog posts on this site. The information collected here, which may include names, email addresses and/or website URL’s, will not be added to my mailing list, nor will it ever be passed on or shared with third parties. There is a comment checkbox which you must tick only if you are happy to allow your data to be collected for the sole purpose of adding your comment beneath the blog post. If you are not happy for your data to be collected and stored, do not check the box, and your data and comment will not be added to the LondonDuckling blog. The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice due to, but not limited to:
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam
- Comments including profanity
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive
- Comments that attack a person individually
- Comments which contain links that are questionable, such as broken links or invalid links.
The owner of this blog reserves the right to change the focus of this blog, shut it down, or sell it at her own discretion.
- Record website usage data
- Identify whether you are signed into our website
- Test content on our website
- Store information about your preferences
- Recognise when you return to our website
Links to Other Websites
LondonDuckling may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This policy is valid from November 1st 2019
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Some links on this blog are affiliate links. By buying through these links I may receive a small commission for the sale. This has no effect on the price you pay. I will always clearly disclose in the post if any links are affiliate links.
This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.