London Travel Blog for Families
Thank you for visiting our London travel blog for families! Founded in 2020 to encourage families to take advantage of London’s green spaces and many cultural offers, LondonDucklings is a key resource to quickly find child-friendly activities in the city.
- Get active in the city walking, scooting and cycling
- Spend time together outdoors and explore the best of London’s parks
- Support London’s small businesses and go shopping in a local market
- Find exciting new playgrounds and water play areas
- Check out the most family-friendly museums in London
- Take our London quizzes suitable for the whole family
- Get your crayons and print out our free London colouring pages
- Get your kids engaged in some cool activities at home
Check our account on Instagram for more family-friendly ideas.
Latest London Travel Blog Posts
5 Tips Travelling to London with Kids
- Start early: Get a head start on the crowds and start your journey early in the morning, especially when visiting Central London during weekends and school holidays. When travelling to London with kids during working-days, try to avoid the rush-hours between 07:30 and 09:30 in the morning and 17:00 and 19:00 in the evening.
- Plan for a picnic: London has more green spaces than any other big capital, so it’s really easy to find a place to have a picnic and relax away from the busy streets. Many of London’s big museums like the NHM and Science Museum have large picnic areas perfect for families bringing their own food.
- Get interactive: Kids get much more engaged if they can actively take part in an activity rather than just watching static exhibitions. You’ll find plenty of tips on our London travel blog when it comes to child-friendly museums and attractions.
- Go local: Go beyond the classic attractions in Central London and discover a new part of London. Check out local markets and city-farms far away from the beaten tourist-path.
- Go active: Check out our many suggestions for traffic-free cycling, scooting and walking in London and combine your your next London travel with some exercise for the whole family!
Follow us on Social Media!
Stay updated on the latest adventures in London:
Subscribe to our London Travel Blog for Families
Get access to exclusive tips, hidden London gems and travel recommendations not found on the blog.