Hampstead Heath is one of London’s most loved public spaces among locals as well as visitors. It’s also London’s highest park and very windy which makes it great for kiting with the kids!
Hampstead Heath’s highlights
- Parliament Hill Playground
- Heat Circuit Walk – 7 km walking trail that starts and finishes at Parliament Hill Cafe (see map below)
- Highgate Ponds and Hampstead Ponds
- Parliament Hill, which offers stunning views over London, which are protected by law
- The beautiful Vale of Health
- The famous Kenwood House, a former stately home
- Golders Hill Park, which hosts a separate area for deer
- The highest park in London, 134 meters (440 ft) high and great for Kite Flying
Hampstead Heath Circular Woodland Walk
A North London favourite: The circular woodland walk around the Heath takes you around the whole woodland area. Don’t forget to climb up Parliament Hill for one of the best panoramas of London.
Hampstead Heath’s Playground
For children under 12 the playground just below Parliament Hill is one of the best in London. It has loads of play equipment including slides, a sandpit and even a paddling pool. There is also an adventure playground with rope swings and more challenging climbing frames.
What is the Bay of Naples, with its bitter, relentless gentian blue overhead, and its sun-scorched, dusty and grassless ground beneath, compared to this view from Hampstead Heath? Where else can you find such satisfying beauty?The Contemporary Review, July 1894