Always Think Safety!
While we have tried to pick the safest cycle routes in London, sections of these routes can be very challenging for children and may require them to push their bikes to stay safe. Always think safety, keep a close eye on your children and err on the side of caution.
Cycle Route Facts:
- Borough: Westminster
- Highlights: Hyde Park, St. James Park, Green Park, Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey
- Cycling distance: 13 km (round-trip)
- Suggested duration: 2-3 hours, depending on how many things you want to see along the way
- Terrain: Flat tarmac park path
- Traffic-free? Shared paths with pedestrians, separate from main roads.
- Suitable for: The whole family, great for children just beginning to learn how to cycle.
- Cycle hire: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/santander-cycles
- More rides: Safe Cycling Routes in London